Areas Affected: Motherlode; Northeast Foothills, Sacramento Valley; Shasta Lake Area, Northern Shasta County
...Strong Winds over Interior Northern California...
.Strong north to east winds are forecast over interior northern
California through Tuesday evening. The winds are expected to be
strong enough to damage trees and cause power outages. The
strongest winds will occur this morning, and again tonight and
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
Strongest winds over ridges.
* WHERE...Shasta Lake Area / Northern Shasta County, Northeast
Foothills/Sacramento Valley and Motherlode.
* WHEN...Until 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and
power lines. Burned trees in recent burn scars will be
particularly susceptible. Power outages are possible. Travel
could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.