Areas Affected: Carquinez Strait and Delta; Central Sacramento Valley; Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Western Colusa County; Northern Sacramento Valley; Southern Sacramento Valley
...Strong Winds over Interior Northern California...
.Strong north to east winds are forecast over interior northern
California beginning late Sunday night and lasting into Tuesday
evening. The winds are expected to be strong enough to damage
trees and cause power outages. The strongest winds forecast to
occur Monday night and Tuesday.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM MONDAY TO 7 PM PST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...North winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph
* WHERE...Northern Sacramento Valley, Central Sacramento Valley,
Southern Sacramento Valley, Carquinez Strait and Delta and
Mountains Southwestern Shasta County to Western Colusa County
* WHEN...From 4 AM Monday to 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and cause power outages. Travel could
be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Strong north winds are expected to
initially develop on the west side of the Sacramento Valley
early Monday morning. The strongest winds are expected on Monday
night and Tuesday.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.