Areas Affected: Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties; Mono
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
7 PM PST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph
expected mainly above 6500 feet...15 to 25 mph with gusts 30
to 45 mph below 6500 feet. Sierra ridges 60 to 80 mph with
gusts exceeding 130 mph.
* WHERE...Southern Lassen, Eastern Plumas, Eastern Sierra
Counties, and northern Mono County west of Highway 395.
* WHEN...From 10 PM tonight to 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines
with potential for power outages. Travel will be difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles.
Now is the time Secure loose outdoor items such as patio
furniture, holiday decorations, and trash cans before winds
increase which could blow these items away. The best thing to do
is prepare ahead of time by making sure you have extra food and
water on hand, flashlights with spare batteries and/or candles in
the event of a power outage.
Areas Affected: West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada; Western Plumas County, Lassen Park
...Strong Winds over Interior Northern California...
.Strong north to east winds are forecast over interior northern
California through Tuesday evening. The winds are expected to be
strong enough to damage trees and cause power outages. The
strongest winds will occur this morning, and again tonight and
...HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Northeast winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts 55 to 65 mph,
strongest tonight and Tuesday.
* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada.
* WHEN...Until 7 PM PST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines.
Burned trees in recent burn scars will be particularly
susceptible. Power outages are possible. Travel could be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.